1. Application of Inspecta-Shield flame retardant is via spray method at a maximum of 15 p.s.i. Pressures higher than 25 p.s.i. have been found to destroy textile fibers. To ensure proper penetration, the flame retardant solution contains a wetting agent to carry the flame retardant compounds into the textile fibers.
2. Our flame retardant is non-hygroscopic, does satisfy
NFPA 701 Large Scale, is non-toxic and also bears the U.L.
label for quality control. MSDS are
provided for chemical used. The following toxicity
compliance reports are available for your review upon
- Acute Oral Toxicity Report
- Primary Dermal Irritation Report
- Combustion Toxicity Report
- NY State Uniform Fire Prevention and Building Code
Article 15, part 1120, requires that fire retarding
chemicals used for treating draperies, hangings,
decorative materials, etc., have been tested through an
independent lab acceptable to the Secretary of State
and conforms to the state's requirements.
We are currently unaware of any other service company that can supply these documents for the flame retardant utilized in this process.
3. International Fire-Shield will provide written
certification of these items rendered flame resistant in
addition to affixing a treatment tag to
the upper corner of stage curtains
stating flame retardant chemical used, treatment date, and
certificate invoice number. Certificate is
issued for a 5 year period from
date of treatment.
International Fire-Shield is the manufacturer of its patented flame retardant Inspecta-Shield and is well versed in the flame retardant industry. Inspecta-Shield has been formulated to treat a vast variety of cellulosic and synthetic materials. Over 300 independent tests have been performed on our product and it will meet applicable flame retardant standards. All documentation is available for your review.