1. All drapery track hardware is cleaned and lubricated. (Any missing grommet hooks are replaced at no additional charge.
2. All stains are pre-spotted to remove as many contaminants as possible without damaging the fabric fiber.
3. All curtains are cleaned on both sides with a two
A. All surface dust is removed using an industrial extractor.
B. Curtains are then misted with a non-toxic drapery cleaner and then re-extracted to remove as much imbedded soil as possible that vacuuming alone with not dislodge.
4. Application of Inspecta-Shield flame retardant is via
spray method at a maximum of 15 p.s.i. Pressures higher
than 25 p.s.i. have been found to
destroy textile fibers. To ensure proper penetration, the
flame retardant solution contains a wetting agent to carry
the flame retardant compounds into
the textile fibers.
5. Our flame retardant is non-hygroscopic, does satisfy
NFPA 701 Large Scale, is non-toxic and also bears the U.L.
label for quality control. MSDS are
provided for chemical used. The following toxicity
compliance reports are available for your review upon
- Acute Oral Toxicity Report
- Primary Dermal Irritation Report
- Combustion Toxicity Report
- NY State Uniform Fire Prevention and Building Code
Article 15, part 1120, requires that fire retarding
chemicals used for treating draperies, hangings,
decorative materials, etc., have been tested through an
independent lab acceptable to the Secretary of State
and conforms to the state's requirements.
We are currently unaware of any other service company that can supply these documents for the flame retardant utilized in this process.
6. Draperies are trimmed to proper height and stage
7. International Fire-Shield will provide written
certification of these items rendered flame resistant in
addition to affixing a treatment tag to
the upper corner of stage curtains
stating flame retardant chemical used, treatment date, and
certificate invoice number. Certificate is
issued for a 5 year period from
date of treatment.
International Fire-Shield is the manufacturer of its patented flame retardant Inspecta-Shield and is well versed in the flame retardant industry. Inspecta-Shield has been formulated to treat a vast variety of cellulosic and synthetic materials. Over 300 independent tests have been performed on our product and it will meet applicable flame retardant standards. All documentation is available for your review.